Welcome Bобре дошли Benvingut 欢迎 Dobro došli Vítejte Velkommen ברוך הבא Welkom Maligayang pagdating Tervetuloa Bienvenue

You Are Visitor Number.....

Translate

01 May 2015

Things I miss about 2014

You can never let go of something until you are able to admit it out loud. I guess it's not too late for me to say that there are a few things in the year 2014 that I miss up till now (May 2015). They are very small things in life that brought smiles to my face.

1. I miss teaching 5A2 class. - I miss looking at their smiles. I miss them calling me Miss Anna and me reminding them to lift up their hands if they need to speak. I miss the different personalities of the front row students vs the back row students. I miss them asking me abuden questions. I miss the second row students showing me their bu shuang faces when I give them homework. I miss marking their creative and weird essays.
I miss Meredith Lim wacky excuses for not doing what she is suppose to do. I miss seeing her running around school without her shoes on and her hair tattoo..
I miss Tini, Ashely and Megan. I miss praying together with them. I miss Ashely's spirit of bringing change into the school. I miss chatting with Tini late into the night... about... Hehehheh... Shhhh...... I miss just having Megan in class... Quiet but always ready to serve as the monitor.
I miss Janice and Geneivie (I x know how to spell. Sorry) I miss Janice's laughter and for handing in the most work. I miss Geneivie for always being missing at the beginning of my class and for always asking me to proof read her essay before she hands them in. I miss Vanessa.... For... Trying hard,  for not giving up in my paper and in BK, for being strong even in the hardest season of her life.

2. I miss teaching 4A3 since July 2014. - I miss their afraid face of putting their hands into the box. I miss Corine's, Irene's, Mia's and Nishan's laughter. I miss Kennedy's crazy stupid daring pick up lines.... Thank God he has stopped. I miss having extra classes with Karen after school. I miss Syameera's, Riqqah's, Marlissa's, Crystal's, Clarice's, Mariel's shy answers and smiles when I ask them questions. I miss Tasha being loud and opinionated. I miss Dorothy for forever not handing in my work.... I also miss having fruitcake and ice cream with 4A3.

3. I miss Meredith Ker for calling me when I walk pass 4A1 just to give me a smile. Even if there is a teacher in class, she will still take the risk to call out my name or Pstt! Pstt! Sometimes I tried to ignore but it is just rude to ignore someone calling... So... She wins... I smiled back.

4. I miss my 2014 debate team. I miss their smart brains debating and refuting my points. I miss hanging out with them when we are tired. When we work our ass off preparing for competition and to go to LIDC.

5. I miss sending my sister to school. I miss when we would sing random songs in the car.  Laugh out loud and make sarcastic jokes about each other. I miss having breakfast with her before school even if it means being super late to school. You know YOLO.

6.I miss when I have a much simple mind. I miss when I am more confident about myself.  I miss the time when people opinions do not influence my thoughts. I miss the time when I can be happy being alone. I miss the time when even the simplest things can make me laugh and giggle non stop. I miss having a smile to share with everyone. I miss the time when I can feel the presence of God in my life. I miss counting my life blessing. I miss going for mission trip.

Well,  these are some of the 2014 events that I miss and wish would still happen in 2015. However,  life moves on with or without us. I'm glad that I'm able to share the top 5 things I miss about the year 2014.

No comments: