Welcome Bобре дошли Benvingut 欢迎 Dobro došli Vítejte Velkommen ברוך הבא Welkom Maligayang pagdating Tervetuloa Bienvenue

You Are Visitor Number.....

Translate

08 October 2010

Teaching practical Part 2


Chapter 4 - Staff room
In the staff room, me and Jess was directed to sit at the far left end corner of the room. Next to me was Miss Shahirah... she teaches Bahasa Melayu..... I remember the first time I saw her... this is what she said " Hi! Guru practical? dari U mana? Ajar subjek apa?" I was... well a bit numb shock... cause I didn't expect to be asked so many question in a matter of seconds.... and yes... I have not been practicing my Bahasa Melayu for a very x 10 long time.... meaning my BM dah karat!! 

She is a very nice teacher, always giving advise to students no matter the students likes it or not... hahahah.... very alert and sharp... she knows everything that is happening in school especially on facebook!!! My experience with her was to teach her how to use blogspot and picasa to edit photos... to bad Jess and I was busy and couldn't really teach her much.... I had fun sitting next to her... Learned a lot of Malay songs too!! :) 

Chapter 5 - Readers Theater
I did Readers theater with 1 Budi. (Readers Theater is a dramatic presentation of a written work in a script form). The readers theaters that was presented by 1 Budi was The Hungry Caterpillar, The gifts of Wali Dad, The Enormous Nose, Turkey Trotten and The Magic Carpet. I had fun watching 1 Budi performing.... The smiles on their faces when they perform shows that they enjoyed the activity. Come to think of it, I miss hearing their laughter as I teach in class and the way they speak English... how they would miss use words that they learn and I would correct them.... When they mix English and Malay in a sentence... miss it.. really miss it... Yes, their English might not be perfect but you know what... that is the process of learning... people make mistakes and learn from it... take your mistake and make it your stepping stone and NOT your stumbling block...... 

Hahhaha... The Hungry Caterpillar... was requested by me to be perform on English Week.... I still remember the look on the groups face... Farhana! You were literally bagging me so that you don't need to perform on stage.... and guess who was one of the volunteer who joined coral speaking during my last week in SMK Puteri Wilayah. YOU! Yes you Farhana!! I was super happy to see you in coral speaking practice on Monday (27.09.10). That was a great step! Good decision! Keep up the good job!!!

Remember girls! Be active in schools activities! Do not be afraid of failure... school is where you learn... school provides a good environment for you to try new things.... when a mistakes is done.... forgiveness comes easily because everyone in school is learning.... The real world will not be so easy on you..... so gain experience in school... learn to be a leader, learn skills, and most important enjoy every lessons and activities your in... Having fun is a decision you make...    

Girls still remember how to play this??
Chapter 6 - Phantom of the Opera (Comic style)
Coming to think of it.... I think I enjoyed teaching Literature more than English. English is more rigid, Literature allows creativity to flow more.... and one of the way in class where I stirred 2 Cita's creative was to ask them to draw a comic version of Phantom of the Opera (Op-prah; not O-pe-rah) hahaha.... This was one of the major projects I did with 2 Cita... sad to say... We didn't managed to compile it into a book... well... lets just say some parts where not past up... but my fav was Jannah's and Hamizah's comic illustration of Phantom of the Opera... yes, I know they cut and paste... but it is nicely done... the rest of the groups also did very well.... thumbs up to all the group and thumbs down to those who didn't pass up... boo! 
I am quite impressed that you girls managed to come up with the drawings.... Fadia"s group! Good job for being the first to pass up... a pat on the back for you... :) Hopefully through this comic activity... you all now know the events that happen in each chapter better... :)

To be continue....

No comments: