Welcome Bобре дошли Benvingut 欢迎 Dobro došli Vítejte Velkommen ברוך הבא Welkom Maligayang pagdating Tervetuloa Bienvenue

You Are Visitor Number.....

Translate

23 June 2009

Cooking Evolution!

So! while looking after my parents shop yesterday, sunddenly I was thinking about what to cook for dinner. (has been cooking dinner since I return from KL, to reduced mum stress of cooking and conducting her tuition class at the same time).Mum! Your Great!


Due to not having lunch, my tummy was yelling while I was thinking of some dishes to cooking for dinner. So after thinking for 1/2 hour on what to cook. I came up with a lazy idea which is easy and healthy...hehhehe...which is to steam a whole chicken and stuff it with lots of vegetable. So got meat got veg.....


So when mum fetch me back home, we stop by Moneygain and buy some mix vegetable (peas, corn and carrot) and some potatoes.So home we went....


There is when all things start to change. I decided to change and add another dish. Well, mashed potatoes. So, with only the knowledge that mashed potatoes are made out of potatoes, I quickly when to Youtube to look for cooking lesson about mashed potatotes. For it and I started boiling my potatoes at 6pm.


After boiling it for around 45 minutes, the potatoes were finally soft. I smashed it all, add salt, papper, butter and milk. Stir it on the wok with slow fire for around 5 minutes adding milk once a while to have a creamer texture. So there are my mashed potatoes. Then my little bro came in


Elisha: Eh! what you cooking?
Anna: Food loh! Eh! Dun disturb me... I got chicken to steam some more...
Elisha: Ok! I give you 50 seconds to go youtube to learn on how to make the gravy for the mashed potatoes.
Anna: Ah! lazy! You want you make lah.
Elisha: Bah! Later you finish steaming the chicken! I make the gravy....


So, I started to stuff the chicken with mushroom and the mix veg that are marinated with salt and pepper. The chicken was marinated with osyter sauce.

Then while I was waiting for the chicken to be cook. I went and open the wok. Well, when you steam chicken and food you will always end up with extra sauce in the plate. My bro saw it.

Elisha: Eh! pour the sauce inside the pot here.
Anna: For what?
Elisha: To make the gravy for the chicken and mashed potatoes lah.
Anna: Can or not oh?
Elisha: Can lah! Faster!
Anna: Ok..ok...

So I pour the sauce in the pot and continue to steam the chicken since it was not fully cook yet.

5 minutes later.

My bro came with the garvy. Guess what? The garvy tasted the same with KFC mashed potatoes gravey.

So that is what happen when Anna is in charge of cooking and she didn't plan what to cook.

Ps: My bro (Elisha) is really a good cook! Will miss his cooking when I'm back to KL.

Anna aka Bell Bell

No comments: