Welcome Bобре дошли Benvingut 欢迎 Dobro došli Vítejte Velkommen ברוך הבא Welkom Maligayang pagdating Tervetuloa Bienvenue

You Are Visitor Number.....

Translate

29 October 2008

Deriving True Satisfaction

Matthew 5:6 ~ blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Satisfaction refers to the state of contenment completion and happiness when a need or a desire is being fulfilled.

1.You don't find true satisfaction in pleasure
Ecclesiastes 1:8 ~ All things are wearisome, more than one can say. The eye never has enough of seeing, nor the ear its fill of hearing.

Hebrews 11:25 ~ He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time.

2.You don't find lasting satisfaction in performance
Ecclesiastes 2:23 ~All his days his work is pain and grief; even at night his mind does not rest. This too is meaningless.

3.You don't find lasting satisfaction in possessions
Ecclesiastes 5:10 ~ Whoever loves money will never have enough money, whoever loves wealth will never be satisfied with his income. all these are meaningless.

Ecclesiastes 2:3 - 11 ~ I tried cheering myself with wine, and embracing folly--my mind still guiding me with wisdom. I wanted to see what was worthwhile for men to do under heaven during the few days of their lives.I undertook great projects: I built houses for myself and planted vineyards.I made gardens and parks and planted all kinds of fruit trees in them.I made reservoirs to water groves of flourishing trees.I bought male and female slaves and had other slaves who were born in my house. I also owned more herds and flocks than anyone in Jerusalem before me.I amassed silver and gold for myself, and the treasure of kings and provinces. I acquired men and women singers, and a harem as well--the delights of the heart of man.I became greater by far than anyone in Jerusalem before me. In all this my wisdom stayed with me.I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor.Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.

Destination Sickness is the disease that hits you when you achieve all your dreams, when you accomplish all the goals that you think will give you fulfillment - and then find that you are not happy. -- Ray Stedman

How do you experience true satisfaction in life?

1. You need to recognize your real hunger
Genesis 2: 7 ~ the Lord God breath of life, and the man becoming a living being

Genesis 3: 19 ~ By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.

A self- actualizer is Creative Problem Slover ~ Abraham Maslow

2. Stop eating junk food
Isaiah 55:2 ~ Why do you spend money for what is not bread, and your wages for what deos not satisfy?

Junk Food ~ Anything that pulls you away from God or things you put above God is Junk Food
Example ~ Movies, TV Series, Computer Games, Blogging, Chatting Online, Drinking... Etc

It's interesting that our appetites are influenced by the people around us.

3.True satisfaction is found in GOD
1 Corinthians 1:30 ~ It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God - that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

John 6:35 ~ Jesus said, " I am the Bread of Life. Whoever comes to Me will never go hungry and whoever believes in Me will never be thirsty... If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever!"

No comments: